Note: the information in this article applies only to the Enterprise system, which is a paid service. The features mentioned here are currently not available for non-enterprise users.
Creating Sensors and Installing Sensors are the two components of the sensor setup process. Sensors are created before they are installed. Creation involves outlining the details for a sensor, such as its Location and Description. New sensors can be created using either the Web Console or the mobile app. Installation links the configured details to a physical SimpleSENCE device and must be done through the Mobile App.
Creating a Sensor
Creating a sensor refers to the process of configuring details for the sensor. These details become associated with a physical sensor during installation. These details include:
- Which Area it is assigned to
- A Location label
- A Description label
- A Notification List populated with contacts
These details can either be configured in the Web Console prior to installation, or in the mobile application during installation. Any sensors created in the Web Console that are not yet installed will appear in the mobile app and can be easily installed at any time. The sensor will show up as inactive until installation is performed and the details get linked to a physical sensor.
Note: you may skip creation of sensors in the Web Console prior to installation, and instead configure sensor details and install the sensor in the same step within the mobile app.
Installing a Sensor
Installing a sensor is the process of activating and deploying the sensor in the field. It involves linking a physical sensor with a set of details you created, and then connecting that sensor to WiFi.
Note: the SimpleSENCE Enterprise mobile app is required for installation.
Overview of sensor installation steps in the Mobile App:
- Open the SimpleSENCE Enterprise Mobile App and login using your credentials.
- At the start of installation, a list of your created sensors will appear. Choose from this list according to where you plan on deploying the sensor.
- If you have not already created details for the specific location where you want to put the sensor, and you are an Admin or Owner in the account, then you can create these details within the Mobile App at the time of installation. Staff users do not have the ability to do this.
- Next, follow the on-screen directions to pair to the sensor. This automatically associates the chosen set of details with that sensor.
- Select your WiFi network from the list of nearby networks and enter the password.
- Verify WiFi signal strength and place the sensor. Press "Finish" to complete installation.