Note: the information in this article applies only to the Enterprise system, which is a paid service. The features mentioned here are currently not accessible by non-enterprise users.
1. Create an account for your Organization. Click here to start creating your account.
2. Create a new Area by clicking the button on the Areas screen in the Web Console. Provide a name for your new Area. For example, this can be the name or address of your property/facility.
3. Create Users by clicking the button on the Users screen in the Web Console (optional). Click here for an in-depth description of user roles and permissions.
4. Create Contacts by clicking the button on the Contacts screen in the Web Console (optional).
5. Create Sensors by clicking the button on the Sensors screen in the Web Console. You can create sensors before installing them by configuring their details in the Web Console.
6. Install Sensors using the SimpleSENCE Enterprise Mobile App.
- Once it finishes downloading, sign in to the mobile application.
- Select an existing Area. Alternatively, if you are an Admin or Owner user, you may create a new Area in the app.
- Once you have selected an Area you will see any sensors you have already created or installed for this Area. You may select any of the sensors within that Area to begin installation. Alternatively, if you are an Admin or Owner user, you may create a new sensor for this Area, configure its details, and install it all within the mobile app.
- Follow the directions in the app to install and activate your sensor.
Areas allow you to group sensors together to manage access among users and organize your sensors. If you have multiple properties, then each property can be its own Area.
Locations and Descriptions
You can name each of your sensors by assigning Location and Description labels. These labels help you organize sensors within Areas and identify exactly where each sensor has been placed. Description labels are generally more specific than Locations. For example, Locations are commonly used to denote separate rooms/floors in a building or specific buildings in a property, whereas Descriptions tell you exactly where you can find the sensor within that Location.
Users and Permissions
You can add new users to share access to your account. This is helpful when you need to delegate installation, monitoring, or management duties for your sensors. There are 3 types of users: Owner, Admin, and Staff users. Admin users have the ability to create or edit sensors, users, contacts, and areas in your account, but they cannot perform any billing-related actions. Staff users can be assigned to Areas and only have limited access to sensors inside the Areas they are assigned to. Staff users can install and monitor sensors, but cannot edit them or create new sensors. Staff users also cannot edit or create any users or contacts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.