Note: the information in this article applies only to the Enterprise system, which is a paid service. The features mentioned here are currently not available for non-enterprise users.
Staff users are limited to monitoring and installing sensors in the Area(s) assigned to them by an Owner or Admin user. This will help you control access, privacy, and security within the account. To get started adding Staff users to Areas, you first need at least one Area and one Staff user set up.
Note: An Area can have multiple Staff users assigned to it. A Staff user can be assigned to multiple Areas.
- Open the "Areas" page
- Click the user icon () for one of your Areas
- In the side panel, click the "Not Assigned" button at the top
- Scroll or search through your existing staff users (admins and owners will not show up)
- Press the plus icon () to assign the selected user to the Area
- When you're done, click the "Assigned" button to make sure everyone you need has been added
What the Staff User Sees
When a Staff user logs in, they will land on the "Areas" page. Only the Areas they are assigned to will appear here. Since staff are not allowed to create new Areas, they will not see the plus icon () at the top of the screen here. This is the same for the Sensors, Contacts, and Users pages as well, however they can still see the contacts and other users within the account.
If they are assigned to any Area(s) already, then they will see these Areas after logging in. They can click on any Areas they see and view any sensors currently setup within them. They cannot, however, create new sensors or edit details about existing ones.