Note: the information in this article applies only to the Enterprise system, which is a paid service. The features mentioned here are currently not available for non-enterprise users.
Users in the SimpleSENCE Enterprise System can one of have three possible roles: Owner, Admin, or Staff. If you haven't done so already, check the Users, Roles, and Permissions article for a detailed breakdown of permissions and restrictions for each role.
The Owner role is automatically assigned to the user who created the account. The Owner can create new users and assign them to either the Admin or Staff role.
Creating a New User in the Web Console
- Click the Users page
- Click the plus () icon at the top of the screen
- Define the role for the new user
- Enter first and last name for the new user
- Enter their email address and phone number
- Create a temporary 8-character password
Choose the Admin role if you want a new user with full access to core functionality but not the account's sensitive data.
Choose the Staff role if you want a user with minimal access to core functionality. This role limits the actions they can take and gives you the ability to control the information they see in the Web Console and/or Mobile App.
Actions required by the new user
- The new user will receive an account activation email with their temporary password
- They will follow the link in this email and use the temporary password to login
- They will be asked to reset their password in order to activate their user profile
- The new user is now active and can start interacting with the Enterprise Console and Mobile App
Assigning the new user to an Area (only applies to Staff users)
- Click the "Areas" page
- Click the users () icon for an Area you would like to assign this user to
- In the side panel, find the new user and click the plus () icon next to their name to assign them to the selected Area
Is adding new users required?
Creating new users is not required, as the Owner role is capable of performing any necessary tasks in the account. If you choose to skip adding users for now, you can still create new users and delete old users in the Web Console whenever necessary.
- Using only the Owner role is recommended if the account will be managed entirely by one person. In this case you can skip this step for now and come back to it later if needed. A user with the Owner role also has access to the accounts billing information and settings.
- Creating new users is recommended if you plan on sharing access to the account and want to limit permissions accordingly. This helps protect your login credentials and private data such as billing information, which can be helpful in situations where you are sharing information or responsibilities with clients, employees, or team members. Each new user will have their own login credentials accessing the account.