Note: the information in this article applies only to the Enterprise system, which is a paid service. The features mentioned here are currently not available for non-enterprise users.
A single account can have multiple users. Users are assigned a role when they are created, and this role determines which features and information they can access in the web and mobile apps.
Users in the SimpleSENCE Enterprise System can have one of three possible roles:
There can be only one account Owner, and this user is assigned automatically when the account gets created. The two roles you can give to a new user are Admin and Staff.
The Owner has full access to the account without any restrictions. This includes all core functionality, billing-related settings, and account-wide actions such as deactivating the account.
- all permissions that apply to the Admin role
- billing and payments through the app
- account management
- deactivating the account
Admin users have full access to core functionality and some account settings in the Web Console and Mobile App.
- create, edit, or delete any Areas
- create, edit, or delete any sensors in any of the account's Areas
- create, edit, or delete any contacts
- create, edit, or delete new Staff or Admin users
- assign Staff users to Areas
- cannot access or edit billing statements and related settings, (must be done by the Owner)
- cannot deactivate the account (must be done by the Owner)
Staff users are limited to interacting with the Area(s) they are assigned to. Only Admins or Owners can create Staff users and assign them to Areas.
- view and monitor any sensors in their assigned Area(s)
- install any sensors created for their Areas by the Admin or Owner
- cannot create new sensors, areas, contacts, or users
- cannot view areas or sensors where they are not assigned
- cannot edit or delete existing sensors, areas, contacts, or users
- cannot access or edit account settings
Article is closed for comments.